靖江外国语学校 2015-2016 学年度第一学期 九年级英语独立作业（2015.12）
（考试时间：120 分钟 满分：150 分）
第一部分听力部分(20 分) I. 听对话，回答问题 （10 分） 1. What does David want to be when he grows up?
2. What does the boy usually do at 7 in the morning?
3. What was the man doing at four yesterday afternoon?
4. When will the woman return home?
5. How does Bob feel about the math exam? A. Worried. B. Relaxed. C. Confident.
6. How does Daniel feel about the coming English competition? A. Confident. B. Nervous. C. Stressed.
7. How much should the woman pay for the tickets? A. 78 Yuan. B. 92 Yuan. C. 117 Yuan.
8. What did the man do yesterday evening? A. He played ping-pong. B. He went to a meeting.C. He did housework at home. 9. When did the woman go to bed yesterday? A. At 10 p.m. B. At 11 p.m. C. At midnight.
10. Why can’t the two speakers understand what the English teacher says? A. Because he speaks too fast. B. Because they are not good at English. C. Because he doesn’t speak clearly enough. II. 听对话和短文回答问题（10 分） 11. Which is NOT the girl’s problem? A. She has too much homework. B. She can’t get enough sleep. C. She has no close friends. 12. Who disturbs her when she’s studying? A. Her sister. B. Her parents. New year’s wishes a hard-working engineer Mr White 13 Mrs White John Kate a housewife a middle school student a lovely girl hope to 14 hope to do more projects and C. Her deskmate.
wish to get a new computer would like to have a 15
13. A. earn more money 14. A. live abroad 15. A. doll
B. be more successful B. travel abroad B. toy rabbit
C. become healthier C. work outside C. toy bear
听第二篇短文，回答第 16-20 小题。 16. What’s the speaker? A. An inventor. B. An engineer. C. An artist.
17. When does the speaker get up? A. At 5 a.m. B. At 6 a.m. C. At 7 a.m.
18. After how long of work does he have a rest? A. One hour. B. Two hours. C. Two or three hours.
19. What does he play during the test? A. The piano. B. The guitar. C. The violin.
20. What does he like doing? A. Buying different kinds of things. B. Looking for new ideas. C. Finding interesting things. 第二部分 选择题(60 分) 一、单项选择 从下列每题所给的选项中，选择一个最佳答案。 （共 15 小题，每小题 1 分， 共 15 分） 1. More and more people like living in _____Taizhou. It is now one of _______fourth session of the national civilized cities(文明城市). A.a; a 2. — You look a — B. a; the C. ／; the D./; a
little nervous. What’s wrong? hour, but I’
I will ______the school football team in half an can be accepted. B . try out for C. work out
m not sure if I A. try on
3. It is _________of Shan Sheng to donate many of his collections to the city of Taizhou. A. helpful B.polite C.smart D. generous
4.--- What time do I have to leave, Dr Li? --- Anyway, don’t stay here A. over B. above visiting hours. C. during D. beyond
5. —I forgot what the homework was yesterday, sir. —________. Please do your homework right now. A. I hope so C. It’s all right B. You have nothing to do with it D. Sorry, but that is not an excuse
6. David has ________ abroad for three days. He will come back soon. A. been B.gone C. gone to D.been in
7. On Christmas Eve, people ________fireworks to celebrate. Everybody in the USA is happy. A. put off B. take off C. set off D. get off
8. —Do you think if I’m suitable for this job? —You can’t get the job you have experience in the computer industry.
9. “_______you’ve made! But you should still work harder.” the teacher said to the boy. A.What great progress C.What a big mistake B.How a big mistake D.How great progress
10. --- Susan, why are you still here? They are to start. --- I’m sorry, but I A. don’t tell B. C. haven’t told where to meet them. B. didn’t tell D. wasn’t told
11.You _______be serious! You’re actually going to lend him money again? A.needn’t C.mustn’t B.shouldn’t D.can’t
12. ---I think Running Man is the popular TV game show now.--- ________. A. I can’t agree more B.That’s all right
C.Never mind D. I’m glad to hear that 13. Lily will give a talk tomorrow. She is thinking about ________ to make everyone happy. A. who to talk with B. where to speak C. what to say D. when to speak
14. —Could you tell me ________? I am going to pick you up at the airport. —At 15:45 this Friday. A. where you meet me C. when you came here B.who you are coming with D. what time you are arriving
15.---Shall we ask more friends to help raise money for charity? ---Good idea. As an old saying goes, ______________. A.Many hands make light work B. Too many cooks spoil the broth C. Don’t put all your eggs in one basket D. It is better to be safe than sorry 二、 完形填空 阅读短文， 从每题所给选项中选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。 （共 15 小题， 每小题 1 分，共 15 分） Have you ever 16 the story about moths(蛾)? Sometimes a story can change
people’s ideas. This story certainly makes a story. When I was about six 18
. It’s a beautiful and touching
old, my younger brother David and I visited our aunt,
Mary. We stayed in her house for a night. David was only 4 years old, and was still 19 of the dark, so Mary left the hall light on when we slept. 20 the grey moths flying around the hall light. He asked 21 , he simply said, “Because
Mary to make the moths go away. When she asked
they are ugly and scary, I don’t like them.” Mary laughed and said, “Being ugly outside doesn’t 23 22 not being beautiful inside. In fact, moths are one of
animals in the world.” “One day, a moth saw the angels 24 . They were sad because it was raining
little moths hated to see others so sad. They decided
to make a rainbow(彩虹) to cheer up the angels. They thought if the butterflies(蝴 蝶) 26 , they could make a beautiful rainbow together.”
“Then one of the moths went to ask the butterflies for help. But the butterflies didn’t want to 27 any of their colors, so the moths decided to make a 28 a
rainbow themselves. They beat their wings very hard and the colors on them rainbow. They kept giving a little more and a little more 29
went across the sky. They had given away all their colors except grey, which didn’t match the beautiful rainbow.” “Then the once-colorful moths became 30 . The angles saw the rainbow and
smiled?” My brother went to sleep with that story and hasn’t feared moths since then. 16. A. heard of C. looked into 17. A. pleasure C. difficulty 18. A. weeks C. months 19. A. afraid C. proud 20. A. liked B. looked at D. looked up B. difference D. problem B. days D. years B. sure D. tired B. hated
C. heard 21. A. how C. when 22. A. mean C. know 23. A. the most beautiful active 24. A. laughing C. crying 25. A. kind C. ugly 26. A. refused C. helped 27. A. give up C. put up 28. A. made C. worked 29. A. unless 30. A. red C. green B. liked D. achieved B. until B. playing B. what
D. why B. make D. hope B.the most interesting C. the shyest D. the most
D. talking B. angry D. sad B. advised D. left B. pick up D. look up
C. after B. yellow D. Grey
三、阅读理解 阅读下列短文，根据短文内容选择最佳答案。 （共 15 小题，每小题 2 分，共 30 分） 【 A 】
Fitness Zone Special offer To be in excellent condition this summer with your wonderful equipment(设 备、器材) and a tailor-made(量身定制)program made specially for you by one of our best personal trainers. If you’re having a difficult time getting active, Fitness Zone is where you want to be. With a personal trainer assigned( 指 定 )to you, you will be placed in a tailor-made program that will make you look your best in just 12 weeks. With our program, you will get the full benefits of: ? Our one-on-one support and expert guidance by the top trainers in our industry. ? The use of the best fitness equipment, including free weights, treadmills and bikes. ? Ongoing group classes, from aerobics(有氧健身操)and yoga to dance exercise and more. So come for a free consultation(咨询)and get started today! Don’t miss out! Offer is good until this Friday. 610 St. George Street, Suite 310, Chicago Tel：655-4866 Web: fitnesszone.com
31. Who can choose to join Fitness Zone? A. People who want to keep fit. B. People who are good at training others. C. People who need a tailor-made suit. D. People who have health problems. 32. How long will the program probably last? A. 12 weeks C. Just one day B. Until this Friday D. One summer time
33. What is NOT offered in the advertisement? A. Group yoga classes C. Special fitness clothes B. The best fitness equipment. D. A personal trainer.
34. How can I contact Fitness Zone if I feel like joining it? A. By phone B. By Internet C. Through the address D.All of above
35. What’s the aim of the passage? A. To hire top personal trainers. B. To ask more people to do sports C. To ask people to join Fitness Zone. D. To encourage people get through difficult times
【 B 】 My sister Alli and I have been trying to get people to stop dropping cigarette butts(烟蒂) for seven years. One day, we were walking in our hometown and saw hundreds of cigarette butts on the ground. They made the town look so ugly that we decided to start a group to make people stop dropping butts. We called it “No Butts About It”. At first, we drew pictures with “The Earth is Not Your Ashtray(烟灰缸)” written on them. We put the pictures around our hometown---in parks, by beaches, and along roads. We wanted to make people understand that dropping butts hurts the environment. Most smokers don’t think that dropping butts hurts the earth. But it does! All rubbish does. Later, we wrote to companies and asked them for money to help us. We used the money to buy ashtrays to give smokers. We wanted smokers to carry the ashtrays with them so they didn’t have to drop butts. At the moment, we are trying to get cigarette companies to put an ashtray in each pack of cigarettes. Some companies want to do it. Many people have started to join our group since it began. Today there are 45 other “No Butts About It” groups in America. And there are even groups in England, Australia and India! Many newspapers have written about my sister and I over the last seven years. And we have won many prizes for our good work.
But we are not interested in prizes. We just want to make the earth a better and cleaner place for animals, plants and people. One day it will be. 36. “No Butts About It” started___________ A. seventeen years ago. C. seventy years ago 37. Why did they start the group? A. Because they don’t like cigarette. B. Because they want to make money. C. Because they want people to know them. D. Because they want to protect the environment. 38. How many “No Butts About It” groups are there in America? A. 7 B. 45 C. 46 D. 49. B. seven years ago. D. It’s not mentioned.
39. The writer lives in_________ A. America. C. Australia. B. England. D. India.
40. What did the writer do the following EXCEPT__________? A. starting a group called “No Butts About It” B. writing to companies to ask them for help C. asking newspapers to write about her sister and her D. managing to get some cigarette companies to put an ashtray in each cigarette pack 【 C 】 BEIJING, April 14 (Xinhua) -- CHINESE people are getting bigger. About 342 million Chinese people were overweight in 2013, said a new report. It listed China as the second most overweight country, after the US. About 23 percent of Chinese boys under 20 were overweight, while for girls it was 14 percent. Part of the reason lies in our growing economy (经济), China Daily reported. Chinese families now make enough money to buy more food, especially fatty foods such
as meat. In 1980, the average(*均) person in China ate 12kg of meat. The number increased to 60kg in 2013. Many people also eat at fast food stores a lot. They take in a lot of high-calorie foods but exercise little. Unhealthy lifestyles can cost people their lives. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), 2.8 million adults die each year because of obesity-related (与 肥胖有关的) diseases such as heart disease and cancer.? “To stay in shape, people should eat less sugar and fat,” suggested Francesco Branco, a WHO official. People should take in less soda, soft drinks, candy and red meat. And remember to take regular exercise to burn extra calories, suggested the American Heart Association. Children need to do at least an hour of exercise every day, such as playing sports on the playground. Am I overweight? We often use BMI(体质指数) to check our health. BMI = weight (kg) / height2 (m). If your BMI is 18.5-25, you are healthy. If it’s 25-30, you are overweight. If it’s more than 30, you’re far too fat. 41. This passage is most likely to be part of an article from a(n) __________. A. novel advertisement C. business report B. D. newspaper
42. The underlined phrase”take in” probably means”___________”in Chinese. A. 摄入 会 进 D. 携带 B. 领 C. 买
43. Which of the following is true according to the passage? A. China has made less progress in its economy. B. In 2013, the average person in China ate five times as much meat as in 1980. C. 2.8 million adults die each year in China because of obesity-related diseases. D. The percentage of overweight boys is smaller than that of overweight girls in China.
44. If Yun Tianming is 180cm in height and weighs 80kg, his BMI tells us __________. A. he is healthy too fat B. he is overweight D. nothing C. he is far
45. What’s the main idea of the passage? A. The method of checking whether we are overweight or not. B. Great changes have taken place in China since 1980. C. The overweight problem of Chinese people: reasons, results and solutions. D. Overweight leads to serious diseases in China.
靖江外国语学校 2015-2016 学年度第一学期 九年级英语独立作业答案卷（2015.12） 第一部分 听力 （共 20 分） 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
第二部分 选择题（共 60 分） 一、选择填空 (15 分) 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
二、完型填空 (15 分 ) 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
三、阅读理解 (30 分 ) 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
第三部分 (非选择题 共 70 分) 四、词汇运用（共 10 小题，每小题 1 分，共 20 分） A. 根据汉语提示完成句子（每空一词） 。 46. Our school will have a _____________ (家长) meeting this weekend. 47. It was brave of him to go to a place that was_____________ (未知的) to humans. 48. The new mobile phone ______________(花费) him too much, it was too expensive. 49. Chinese New Year is usually in January or _______________(二月). 50. Red will influence you when you make a ______________(选择). 51.Our school is so famous that ____________(百) of people come and visit it every term.
52.Every time I walk___________(经过) the chocolate shop, I will stop to buy some. 53. ---Who ____________(创造)the world? ---Some people believe God did.
54. Huawei mobile phones are ____________(认为) to be the best in the domestic(国 内) ones. 55. Thomas Edison made the first recording of a human voice on his ________ (发 明) in 1877. B. 用括号内所给词的适当形式填空（每空不限一词） 。 56.Some people suppose that Emperor Yang of Sui was one of the _____(bad) rulers in history. 57. His father advised me _____________ (try) it again. 58. We ________________ (ring) someone to come and help when you saw us. 59. More than a year _____________ (pass) since we moved to this new town. 60.It is _____________(pleasant) to see so much smog in the sky. The air is not clean. 61.To be a successful man doesn’t just mean to be a _________(wealth) man. 62.---Frank, you look worried. Anything wrong? ---Well, I _____________(take) a test and I am waiting for the result. 63. I want to buy a scarf different from _______________(she). 64.Neither my father nor my mother ________(like) rock music. They think it’s noisy. 65. ---What made her so happy? ---________________(win) the final match. 五、阅读表达 （共 10 分） No more five words One of my patients, a successful businessman, tells me that before he fell ill he wasn’t happy. Happiness was “having the cookie”. Only if you had the cookie could things be good. Unluckily, the cookie kept changing. Some of the time it was money, sometimes power, sometimes fancy things. A year and a half after his diagnosis(诊断)of cancer, he sits in my office shaking his head. “It’s like I stopped learning how to live after I was a kid. When I give my son a cookie, he is happy. If I take the cookie away or it breaks, he is unhappy. But he is 2 years old and I am 43. It has taken me this long to understand that the cookie will never make me happy for long,” he says. “The minute you have
the cookie, you start to worry about someone trying to take it away from you.” My patient laughs and says cancer has changed him. For the first time he is happy. No matter if his business is doing well or not, no matter if he wins or loses at golf. “Two years ago, cancer asked me: ‘What is really important?’ Well, life is important -- life with the cookie, life without the cookie. Happiness doesn’t have anything to do with the cookie; it has something to do with being alive.” he pauses thoughtfully. “I guess life is the cookie.” 66.What was “the cookie” for the businessman before he fell ill? ____________________________________________________ 67.How does the patient’s 2-year-old son feel when he gets a cookie? ____________________________________________________ 68.What makes the patient change his mind to be happy? ____________________________________________________ 69.What question did the patient start to think about after he got cancer? ____________________________________________________ 70.What does the patient think happiness is at present? ____________________________________________________ 六、任务型阅读 每空一词（共 10 分） Haiyan is 7 years old. Her parents gave her an iPad as a present for her birthday. A month later, her eyesight has decreased(下降) to 300 degrees. This is serious for such a young girl. Many children in China are facing the same problem: tablet(*板电脑) and iPad using is bringing problems to their eyesight. The problem is so common that newspapers even call the iPad the “No. 1 killer of children’s eyesight”. “There are about 30 shortsighted(*视的) children coming every day,” said Hu Dali, an eye doctor at Guiyang Aier Eye Hospital. “Half of those children have poor eyesight because they have played with phones and iPads for too long.” Doctors and scientists say children’s eyesight is not yet fully developed and their eyes get tired more easily. The screen of an iPad uses a very bright LED backlight. If children look at an iPad screen for a long time, their eyes do not 座位号
have time to rest. This will make their eyesight worse over time. Doctors advise that users should hold their iPads between 40-60 centimeters away from them. The brightness of the screen should be comfortable for children. Parents should also stop their children from using an iPad for over one hour every day. iPad brings The story of Haiyan ___1__ to children’s eyes
Haiyan____2___ an iPad as a present. After using it for a 3 ,
her eyesight decreases a lot. A common problem _____4____of the children have poor eyesight because of using phones and iPads for too long. Reasons why iPads 5_ problems to eye Children’s eyes get uses Bright backlight. Using eyes for a long time without a rest makes eyesight 8 on how to solve Users should 9 7 . their iPads between 40-60 centimeters 6 easily. The screen of an iPad
away. The brightness should be comfortable. Children shouldn’t use iPads for 10 than an hour a day.
2.___________ 3._____________ 4.____________ 5._____________ 8.____________ 9.____________10.____________
七、缺词填空 请根据短文内容，填写所缺单词，每空一词。 (共 10 分) In the United States, learning is children’s own thing. When U.S. Students are （1）a_______ a young age, they know they should learn according to their（2）o______ interests, And more, when the children are young, their parents tell them they shouldn’t （3）d_________ on parents but（4）t___________. In the United States, if children are after the age of 18, they must make money to buy things they like.
Even some rich families would usually not（5） p_________ all kinds of fees (费 用)for children, but let them write an IOU(欠条) to the home, asking them to （6） r_________ after graduation(毕业). In China, of course parents also love their children very much. But I think the way parents love children （7） b__________ China and USA are quite different. Chinese parents often （8）o__________ all things that children need to them.（9） E__________, most children of the very rich families do nothing all day, their parents will give much money to them, but children’s （10）a___________ don’t develop at all. Is that right or wrong? 1.__________ 2.___________ 3._____________ 4.____________ 5._____________
6.___________ 7.___________ 8.____________ 9.____________10.____________ 八、书面表达(共 20 分) 为了配合“足球进校园”活动，你们班开展了一次主题班会。请你以足球迷的身份， 根据下列表格中的要点提示，用英语向同学们介绍足球这项运动并谈谈自己的梦想。 历史悠久，深受全世界人喜爱 常 识 建造国家之间的桥梁，世界杯 4 年举行一次 男生女生皆可参加、利于培养团队精神 好 偶 梦 处 考生自拟(至少 1 点) 像 想 梅西 Messi，有足球天赋 考生自拟(至少 1 点)
注意：1. 词数 100 左右。短文的开头已为你写好，不计入总词数； 2. 短文须包括所有要点，不要逐词翻译，可适当发挥，使短文连贯、通顺； 3. 短文中不得出现真实的人名、校名等相关信息。 Dear classmates, I’m very excited to hear that China will build 20,000 football-themed schools by 2020.
Thank you for your attention.
第一部分 选择题（共 60 分）
一 、单项选择 二、完形填空 三、阅读理解
CBDDD ACBAD ABDAB DAACA AACDC BDCAC
DACDA CAABD DABAC
第二部分 非选择题（共 70 分） 五、阅读表达 (满分 10 分,每题 2 分) 66.Money，power orncy things. 67.Happy./ He feels happy. 68.Cancer./ Cancer has changed him. 69.What’s really important? 70.Being alive./ To be alive. 六、任务型阅读 (满分 10 分,每小题 1 分) 1.harm/ problems 5.lead 6.tired 7.worse 8.Advice 9. Hold 10.more 2.got/received 3.month 4.Half
七、词汇运用 (满分 10 分,每小题 1 分) parents’ hundreds worst wealthy Winning 七、短文填空 (满分 10 分,每题 1 分) 1.at 6.return 2.own 7.between 3.depend 8.offer 4.themselves 5.pay 10.abilities unknown past to try have taken cost created February considered has passed likes choice inventions unpleasant
were ringing hers
八、书面表达（满分 20 分）
One possible version:Dear Jim, Dear classmates, I’m very excited to hear that China will build 20,000 football-themed schools by 2020. Football has a very long history. It is liked by people all over the world. The most important, it helps build a bridge between countries. Because the World Cup takes place every four years. Playing football has lots of advantages. First, both boys and girls can take part in it. Second, it helps develop team spirit. What’s more, playing football is good for our health. I’m a football fan. Messi is my hero. He has a gift for playing football. My dream is to become a famous football player like Messi. I hope China will hold the World Cup some day. Thank you for your attention.